It's been a whirlwind couple of days. I am feeling much better healthwise, albeit still pretty tired. I have to have some blood tests done, was supposed to go Friday, but didn't, so I must make time this week.
I got to play a little with Rich yesterday, which cheered me up immensely. He is still not himself, and is on some pretty strong medication, I know he's not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow either, but I also know he's a fighter and he's worth a whole lot more than he realises he is. I have every faith in him and am sure his life is on the up and will continue to improve, both physically and emotionally. It's a real adjustment for me, to get used to him like this, as his attitude is different - not bad, just different - but I am absorbing it, reflecting on it and I can see that he needs this time to focus on himself and take stock of his life, his ambitions etc. I fully support him in this and I know that once he is content and happy, he will make me a much happier person too. As I always say, a happy slave is a good slave.
There have been some great events at The Dominion recently; yesterday is definitely worthy of a special mention. The Venus in Furs show was amazing, such great work by Medussa and Mandalay in organising it all, plus the effort of all those who took part: My dear friends Maisy and Eloise and the boys - My puppet, Alex, Russell, Allen and Bret. We may only have been dancing avatars, but it's not quite as easy as it looks and involves a fair deal of concentration. I feel proud to have been part of another great event and to have shared it with so many fabulous people. I missed Busty being in the group this time, however she was there in the audience, cheering us on and it was great to see her. I was also thrilled that my boy, Hylarks, and some other dear friends were able to make it.
Last night, at Confessions, something amazing happened. These moments are rare, but when they occur it's pretty awesome and is nothing short of magic. It's really difficult for me even now, hours later, after sleeping, to put into words how I feel. I don't think I know how I feel, actually. There were some great readings/stories and the mood was already emotional after one about abuse, which tore many of us up. There were also some very sweet and sexy ones, particularly Hylarks part 2, which really got the juices flowing, shall we say! Then, at the end I read one by Zarita's boy, Alex. The story is set during a time of war, very poignant this weekend as we remember the fallen. It's a story about life and death, about loss and love and it was an absolute privilege to read it. Alex is an incredible writer, he completely mesmerised me with his words. The story was so deeply erotic - not because it was sexually explicit, but because it touched the core of our being, the very essence of our humanity, it emphasised our fragility and vulnerability. When I finished reading there was a silence....and I felt everyone there, in the room, feeling what I felt through Alex's words. Quite simply, we were stunned. I felt raw, open and alive. Thank you, Alex.
The story is entitled The Kiss and I urge you to read it on The Dominion website (link on this page, you can find it under the big C, top right of The Dominion page).
Today, I'm back running Discussion group and I'm really looking forward to it. I've chosen the topic of After Care for Dommes. This came up when I interviewed Jay Wiseman last month ( http://femdommag.com/?p=277) and is, for me, a very interesting one. I know I need to be cared for always, after scening perhaps, but just generally too. For me, to be able to openly say 'I want to be loved and cared for and I want that to be shown to me', makes me a very normal human being. I am not Robot Domme, just as my boys are not Robot Slaves. I don't see any strength in putting on a tough exterior or building walls to keep people out. In my view, those people are more insecure and more needy and actually need more care. However, I will write more on this another time, as I'm sure the discussion later will bring up lots of opinions on this topic that will inspire me to write further.
This morning I watched the Remembrance Day Service on the television. My grandfather fought in WWI, at Ypres and The Battle of the Somme, my father fought in WWII, aged 17 - 21 years. It is because of them that I am here today. And still they fight.
Tribute to British Soldiers who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puPQRaVMP88&feature=related
WOW !
ReplyDeleteYou must really be worn out.. i know that
that the show must have taken a HUGE effort,
given how wel it turned out and was recived.
Then time with Your's and the Confessions..
PLUS remembrance day...i hope that You get
some rest at some point Miss
The topic for discussion sounds intresting.
i hope to be able to make it Miss.
Silk
You read it with such feeling and passion, Miss Destiny. Thank you. I thought Zaira added that perfect point for closure and reflection with the Ode to the Fallen:
ReplyDelete"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."