Tuesday, 8 February 2011

In limbo

I almost entitled this post as 'in purgatory', but that would be an exaggeration. I am in a painful place, but I'll come through it. So, instead, I will say I am in limbo. I'm feeling a little unsettled, but not unduly distressed. I'm not sleeping too great and I think that my upcoming trip to Dallas may have something to do with that. I love to travel and I am excited, but also a little apprehensive. It's a long way! The flight alone is ten hours. Then I am meeting Eloise, who I know will be wonderful, but still there is that initial meeting and settling in, not to mention the jet lag. On the Monday we are having dinner with Cherrie, another Domme I know from SL, that should be fun. She's a woman I admire greatly. I'm meeting Rich for dinner on Wednesday. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing him. Anyhow, it will all soon be here and then just as soon be over. I think that I will be 'in limbo' until I come back from Dallas.

My Second Life is quiet. I'm in the Mistress Auction at The Dominion, that should be fun, but other than that, my dear protectee, Silk, keeps me company and takes care of me. I don't really know what he gets out of the relationship, but I am not complaining as he is a treasure to me. His Mistress is a very lucky woman to have the love and devotion of such a slave. If only I could be so lucky too. :)

Hylarks and I have been talking more recently. His RL is tough, no change in his marital happiness and he is very lonely and missing SL and his friends there, a lot.  He is going to come back to SL to RP on his wolf avatar. We talked about him coming back as my boy, but it is not something I feel comfortable with right now, for reasons that he and I talked about. I am happy that I will get to see him as a wolf though. Hylarks the man (real name known to me) is still the person behind the avatar.

Speaking of real life and marriages etc., Jerbo Toxx, who I think reads this sometimes, is another sub who is trying to make his RL relationship work. He is doing well and we exchange occasional emails. He wrote a wonderful 'thank you and goodbye' for Confessions that it was my pleasure and honour to read. He is missed by many at The Dominion. I admire you, Jerbo, for what you have done and continue to do, with regard to your marriage.

I'm thinking of joining the local Amateur Dramatic society here where I live. It is just a thought at the moment, but I'm seriously considering it. I think it would be a great hobby and I'd get a lot of pleasure from it. I am, after all, a bit of a drama queen!

I hope to go to a munch in my local area sometime soon, as well as the Nimneach party in Dublin in either March or April. I need to get back out there again, before I retreat into a corner and never come out. Although the latter option is quite appealing at times.

This song is for everyone who needs to feel uplifted - I know I do - Josh Groban 'Don't Give Up'
(listen to the lyrics - that's an order!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5XocxGyT8&feature=channel

7 comments:

  1. heads for spell check before posting . It will take a while , so sweet Dreams when they find You at last Miss ~ smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that You are not feeling well Miss.

    Carrying a Full time job, one which does not easily end when the day does and then coming into the D and running this event and 27 others in a weeks time ! You are a leading force at the D (like a force of nature) .

    Then family issues to the right and to the left, is really carrying way too heavy a load for any three People. Little wonder that You are not sleeping well . You have so many things to think about . I would hope that You start to Pamper Yourself more, such as You did with that Spa trip.

    Dallas sounds wonderful and frighting and intimidating, exciting and amazing . Your future is as busy as You past. No wonder that You feel in limbo. I know that The Lady Eloise will be your Virgil and i think that the "Limbo " is now. I am as excited for You and i hope that you will remember how to take time to enjoy Yourself Miss.

    i am flattered by Your words about me and about Mistress. i think You know what i get out of the relationship and if not, i will work harder to make certain that You do Miss.

    As i have said, i think that You will find that boy ( or boys) out there . You could certainly have one now, but not necessarily one that is worthy Of You. You are an amazing person and deserve nothing less than the best of both worlds.

    Good news about Hylarks . He is a quality Person ( i have only talked to him a few times ).. it is great that he will be back on SL in at least in that form.

    Jerbo's confession was great. As You have said.. '"it takes strength ".

    Joining the Dramatic Society sounds like a great plan ! i know that You derived great pleasure from being in and working on the VM and You certainly have the skills and talents to excel .

    Yes get out a socialize outside of the niche.

    Remember what a BLAST the last time was in Ireland ?.. i hope that You see that as a way of taking care of Yourself, not to mention the joy it would bring to so many Others !

    Yeah, don't give up . The goal is worth the trials , hazards and misstep's along the way, Dear Lady

    Bigle affectionate HUGG
    Silk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Limbo...Limbo...it may mean something different for You and me.. in my mind it's a state of not-being... and, that's worst, with no chance of running away... A no joy and no sorrow land... Get out of there please...

    The final comment of Your post made me shudder. Maybe because i feel that too, sometime. Please, try finding appeal in other things, even silly ones, it doesn't matter. There's an endless number of them.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PttNhYVY3c&feature=fvst

    ReplyDelete
  4. Limbo is better then miserable. Come back to Ireland!! Enjoy Dallas it will be fabulous. It was only when I stopped looking for a Mistress did the most perfect one appear. I know you have pretty much stopped looking, but don't bury yourself away in the safety and comfort of friends either. Let them support you in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lady Destiny for your kind words. Learning to serve one that does not know they are being served is a challenge, but also rewarding more so than while in SL. I miss my friends and especially all of you at Dominion. But, in saving my marriage, I needed to give something up. Thankfully there are some (like you,) that I can keep in touch with.

    Yes limbo sounds frightening, but also exciting. I suppose it is uncertainty of the trip, and long flight ahead. But I also suspect it is the waiting you have to do prior to your trip. Me, I always get butterflies before an exciting trip. Sleeplessness too, but it will pass.

    Silk, I am glad you are there to be a sounding board for Lady Destiny, and am glad you can keep her company.

    To everyone else, I wish you A/all the very best, and with some persuasion, hopefully one day I will be back.

    Jerbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Destiny, been in limbo myself i feel your pain and the sense of feeling lost. But it was being to talk to You and the others at the Dominion that kept me going. W/we are all here for You Miss Destiny and You never know what will be around the next corner. The trip i think is coming at a perfect time for You.

    Hugs you,
    Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little can I say that has not already been said. So I offer this, not all verses fit but some do very well.

    To Hope by John Keats

    When by my solitary hearth I sit,
    And hateful thoughts enwrap my soul in gloom;
    When no fair dreams before my "mind's eye" flit,
    And the bare heath of life presents no bloom;
    Sweet Hope, ethereal balm upon me shed,
    And wave thy silver pinions o'er my head!

    Whene'er I wander, at the fall of night,
    Where woven boughs shut out the moon's bright ray,
    Should sad Despondency my musings fright,
    And frown, to drive fair Cheerfulness away,
    Peep with the moonbeams through the leafy roof,
    And keep that fiend Despondence far aloof!

    Should Disappointment, parent of Despair,
    Strive for her son to seize my careless heart;
    When, like a cloud, he sits upon the air,
    Preparing on his spell-bound prey to dart:
    Chase him away, sweet Hope, with visage bright,
    And fright him as the morning frightens night!

    Whene'er the fate of those I hold most dear
    Tells to my fearful breast a tale of sorrow,
    O bright-eyed Hope, my morbidfancy cheer;
    Let me awhile thy sweetest comforts borrow:
    Thy heaven-born radiance around me shed,
    And wave thy silver pinions o'er my head!

    Should e'er unhappy love my bosom pain,
    From cruel parents, or relentless fair;
    O let me think it is not quite in vain
    To sigh out sonnets to the midnight air!
    Sweet Hope, ethereal balm upon me shed,
    And wave thy silver pinions o'er my head!

    In the long vista of the years to roll,
    Let me not see our country's honour fade:
    O let me see our land retain her soul,
    Her pride, her freedom; and not freedom's shade.
    From thy bright eyes unusual brightness shed---
    Beneath thy pinions canopy my head!

    Let me not see the patriot's high bequest,
    Great Liberty! how great in plain attire!
    With the base purple of a court oppress'd,
    Bowing her head, and ready to expire:
    But let me see thee stoop from heaven on wings
    That fill the skies with silver glitterings!

    And as, in sparkling majesty, a star
    Gilds the bright summit of some gloomy cloud;
    Brightening the half veil'd face of heaven afar:
    So, when dark thoughts my boding spirit shroud,
    Sweet Hope, celestial influence round me shed,
    Waving thy silver pinions o'er my head!

    You will always have a friend in me,

    Hy

    ReplyDelete