Friday, 25 February 2011

Happy days

No, not Happy Days the show. Me. I'm having a great time and I can't stop smiling.

Eloise is just a wonderful friend and host, she is totally spoiling me but also giving me space, as I am her, and we are getting along just great.

Yesterday, I met Rich. I was a little nervous before he arrived, but once he was here, all was well. He looked very smart and had obviously made an effort, which I was pleased about. As for our mode of transport...hmm...his car is certainly in need of, how shall I say this, updating??? You know in films when the mechanic calls for 'the loaner'? That's the sort of vehicle I've been travelling in! The doors have to be unlocked with a key. That's pretty old! There were several strange noises heard as we rode along, but Rich just shrugs and turns the radio up louder. The dashboard lights didn't work, then they did, same for the headlights! It's certainly been a talking point. The car is affectionately named 'The Beast'. I can't argue with that!

Yesterday, Rich and I spent a long time together: first we had dinner at The Outback, then we went to the movies and watched The King's Speech. Ironic that I come to America, to eat out at an Australian themed restaurant and watch a British film! Incidentally, The King's Speech is fantastic, highly recommended. So, we had a really good, easy, relaxed time. Rich was a gentleman throughout and took good care of me. There were several little subby things he did that made me smile, I'm not going to mention them as he'll read this and I have my reasons for not wanting to mention them ....yet!

Today was even better than yesterday. Rich picked me up just after 10.00am, we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then we went to Southfork, the set where the show 'Dallas' was filmed. It was really great; we had a tour, bought souvenirs and enjoyed each other's company. After that, we went right out into the countryside to visit Rich's parents. His Mum is English, so she and I had lots to chat about. They are really good people and I had a great time meeting them. Their home is out in the sticks and is a real escape from the rat race; a lovely, peaceful, back to nature retreat. Afterwards, we went for dinner and had a real heart to heart. Rich is a lovely guy. I am so glad I came on this trip. It is thanks to him that I am here in Texas right now, he bought my air ticket, after all. Rich is typically an 'all or nothing' kind of person and we spoke about what happened between us, about his health, his fears, his ego. I learned a lot about him and I think he learned a lot about me too. Some of the things we said are private and some are just not ready to be out there for public consumption yet, but suffice to say that I have a greater understanding of him now and am much happier. Tomorrow is my last full day here and we are going into Dallas proper. I can't wait!

I'm not ready to leave. I love it here. I'll be back, count on it.

From Dirty Dancing - 'Had the Time of My Life'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLWzZoDmhg


3 comments:

  1. I am all smiles as I read this Mistress. I am so happy you are enjoying yourself in Texas. Please have a great time today with Rich in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhhh Miss !!

    Who's ever would have thought that a Fairy Tale would come true under the bright light of the Lone star state !

    What wonderful news ! i am so glad, that after Your trepidations, You decided to go to Texas after all. Even without the wonderful meeting with Rich there has been the fantastic times with Miss Elosie and others.

    You certainly deserve it All.

    May Your future stay as bright and happy as Your yesterday.

    Smiling with joy for You, Miss

    silk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Destiny, hearing this i'm all smiles! It thrills me that You're having such a great time, You deserve it! May You have a safe trip home Miss.

    Hugs,
    Wheels

    ReplyDelete