Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Fried pickles

I am  having a great time. Eloise is simply wonderful, a beautiful lady and the best host you could ever imagine. I was and still am, overwhelmed by the welcome I received here. Her home is gorgeous and my room/s are just so luxurious and comfortable. I am a very lucky woman. I have been lavished with gifts, ranging from pink cupcake pyjamas to a beautiful 'Destiny' cake.

This is a short entry as we are waiting for Cherrie to arrive, but I wanted to get a blog out to say that so far, I love Texas, the people, the weather which is wonderful right now - around 70 degrees -, the food, even fried pickles, and I am so glad I decided to come on this trip.

It was an eventful journey, after the more than three hour delay, ten hour flight, then getting stopped by the sniffer dogs and having to have my bags searched on arrival in Dallas, only to find an apple in my carry on, which I had completely forgotten about! Nevertheless, Eloise and her lovely husband were waiting for me and have been simply awesome ever since.

Rich and I have messaged and spoken and we will be meeting in two days  - I know he is as excited as I am about that. We have talked about doing some other stuff on Thursday and Friday also, depending how we get on Wednesday. Of course, once we meet, he may not want to see me again, but he'd be pretty stupid if he didn't *laughs*.

Okay, time to go .....missing home just a little, but getting some SL time and talking with Hylarks and Silk every day, plus with family via text messaging, so all is well!

It's gotta be this one today....:P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGF4ibgcHQE


3 comments:

  1. Miss, i am glad that You are being spoiled and pampered and in the capable Hands of Lady Eloise. i am very excited and happy for You ... glad that You blogged so that all could share Your enthusiasm and joy. It is so great that You decided to take the trip and got there safely after problems at the start and end of the journey.

    i am hard put to think that Rich, after what is possibly a once in a lifetime event will not want to do more with You . Miss.

    Happiest of times Miss

    silk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it was just an apple they found missus, and nothing rude!! So glad you're having a wonderful trip. Give my love to Eloise >3

    ReplyDelete
  3. *grins and chckles* Seems the sniffer dog has good taste to have them give you so much attention at the airport Miss.

    But then again you deserve ALL the attention that the USA can give you.

    Also, I am happy to hear that your welcome by Lady Eloise was as fantastic as you had mentioned.

    I hope as Silk said that you can get maximun enjoyement from meeting Rich, and that it is the experiance that you both want and need.

    As for the weather, Seems we finally have a warm spell too, and will be sitting by the pool and watching the dolphins swim in the canal while thinking of you.

    Deepest hugs Miss,

    Jerbo

    ReplyDelete