Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Happy and content

Those two words sum up how I feel right now: Happy and Content.

I had a nice day out today, then arrived home and my sexy new boots have arrived, so that put a smile on my face. I am a typical woman, I love clothes!

However, most importantly, Rich is home, he's feeling reasonably well and he's my boy. So mine. We chatted earlier on Yahoo and I so ached to use him. I've been missing play time and I feel very horny these days. Hylarks hasn't had privacy when I've wanted him to either. *Shakes fist at virtual relationships*. However, I wound Rich up and teased him a little and that was good fodder for a little personal playtime. ;).

Yesterday was a great day. Rich came home from the hospital and we got some time together online. He is not out of the woods, by any means, with another stent due in two weeks and a very strict and rigid lifestyle change in order to maintain a healthy heart and extend his life expectancy. He is only 45. He will change his life and I will make sure of it. I love him too much not to make this a priority.

We also had an awesome event yesterday at The Dominion. It was not a big event and I didn't expect it to have quite the effect on me that it has - we read excerpts from 'The Vagina Monologues'. I have seen this 'play' performed in London, but now, reading the words and being older and wiser, it had a more profound effect on me. It is simply brilliant - a celebration of womanhood, femininity and also a protest against misogyny, prejudice, cruelty. To share these readings as women and have some of our wonderful boys there to share with us was a sublime highlight of my week, so much so that I am now organising a big event for January in which we will read all/most of the whole Vagina Monologues, as well as some original writings that some of our ladies in The Dominion group will write.

Tomorrow I'm going to see my eldest son. He seems to be doing OK, although there is another issue lurking on the horizon that I won't talk about now, but will share once it's more concrete. Suffice to say, it's another bridge to cross. Anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing him, hugging him and just being with my boy.

I'm not on SL tonight, I'm really tired. I haven't slept well this week and my eyes are heavy as I type, nevertheless I feel light of heart and happy. Life is good.

Al Jarreau - We're In This Love Together - a truly great song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otVH5cv9z1A&ob=av2n

1 comment:

  1. Really glad about Rich post-stent course. And let him know (even if i am sure he will already be fully aware of that) that lifestyle change is nothing in comparison with what he could have suffered. He's lucky, not only because he's Yours.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5YMIHz-Xro

    ReplyDelete