Just one week until Sweeney gets here. I am so excited! My stomach flips every time I think of him being here with me, to touch, see, hear...up close and personal! It'll be the end of something and the start of something; a weird time really, but we have to do this, to know for sure how it is between us. I think there is very little chance of us not feeling the same way about each other, given all that we have shared these past two months, but of course there is the possibility of that. We are both aware of it, we are not foolish in that regard. All I know, and I am sure Sweeney would agree, is that we have to meet and keep on following this amazing journey to whatever destination it has in store for us. So this last week will drag, no doubt, as the previous one did, but I have a few things going on to pass the time, as well as plenty of time to relax and store up my energy for his visit.
Sweeney has never been outside the USA, so this is going to be one hell of a culture shock for him, but I think he'll love it. We will do all the regular touristy stuff, as well as spend time alone getting to know each other. We are also planning a few days in Paris, which should be awesome! Most of all though, I am looking forward to having him here with me, without interruption, without a computer between us and sharing the same timezone. That will be simply wonderful.
On SL things have been difficult for some of my dear friends. Loth, a dear Dutch sub, lost his mother after a long, painful illness, last week. It's so hard to comfort people we care about through this medium, but it is important to show we care and I hope Loth knows that he has been on my mind and continues to be, during this difficult time. As does my dear friend, Maisy, whose dad died two months ago. It's coming up to the anniversary of Buckie's death, one year on August 28th. I remember blogging about it at the time - amazing how time flies. I still think of Buckie often and miss his cheeky presence in my life. I have created a little part of our garden on SL in his honour. It's surrounded by mountains and beautiful flowers. His memorial stone is there.
A couple of my dear female friends have had very tough times with their boys recently. Eva and Zarita have struggled with hard stuff, which only time will heal. It makes me feel all the more lucky to be in the situation I am in. I know how much it hurts when a relationship doesn't work out and you have to let someone go. I've been there more than once.
Two very important people in my life, Silk and Hylarks, are going through changes also. Silk knows I love and support him in all his endeavours and will be his friend, and protector, always. Hylarks and I are still very close. I miss his daily presence in my life and I know he is finding it hard to adjust also. We both know that a split was the right move given our little time together and conflicting timezones, but that doesn't always make it easier. Nevertheless, I know Hylarks is an intelligent and patient man and he will do what is right for him, with my blessing, always.
I haven't been able to make my local club or munch for the past six weeks or so, which probably isn't a bad thing given my busy schedule and my sore knee. The next club event is when Sweeney is in the UK, so I may take him with him, I haven't yet decided.
In three weeks I'll be back at school. I am really looking forward to that. I love my routine and I miss the kids a lot during the summer break. Having said that, I do not want to look forward three weeks as that will be the end of Sweeney's trip to the UK, something which I am really NOT looking forward to. However, it'll be a good distraction to focus on getting back to work and looking ahead to our next meeting, which I am sure we will be planning even before the first one is over!
I'm filling my days with family and friends, visiting them, them visiting me and life is good. I want my boy here with me now. One week and counting....
Heard this song yesterday, I'd forgotten how great it is, wonderful melody, great lyrics, seems very apt now:
Ten Sharp 'You' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK6qULLX-7M
wow.. things are really looking up for You
ReplyDeletei am excited for both You and Sweney.. and PARIS!!..omg ! what a wonderful dream.. i can't wait till hearing about how it comes true.
Please take care of Yourself so that You can enjoy things fully and thanks for all Your help.
Bigle hug
me
I think Sweeny is in for the time of his life. Lots of luck to both of y'all Mistress :). Have a great time!
ReplyDelete:)
Rich