This has to be the longest time I’ve ever had between blog entries! Fortunately, the majority of my loyal followers know that my lack of posting here is not due to any major trauma, but more due to being super busy and content!
The past few weeks have been stressful in some respects, but also very exciting and I’ve had a lot of fun too, so to sum it up, here are some of the things that have happened:
As always, I’ll sign off with a song. This is one that really sums up how I feel…the lyrics are so true.
After the long summer holiday and the wonderful last two weeks of it with Sweeney, I got back into the swing of work and am now tutoring a few times a week to boost my income. By the time I get home, I’m tired and just want to unwind at home or online with my boy and do most of my blogging in my head!
However, I do enjoy writing. It’s a very different process from mulling things over in the head. Writing is, for me, a way of crystallising thoughts and feelings, or purging angst and stress, as well as good way to throw ideas and thoughts out there.
The past few weeks have been stressful in some respects, but also very exciting and I’ve had a lot of fun too, so to sum it up, here are some of the things that have happened:
I gave up being House Mistress at the club. Although I had some great times there, it was also exhausting and quite draining emotionally. I’m grateful for the experience and really glad that I made some new friends and met some good people, who I am maintaining contact with.
My boy, Sweeney and I had an amazing partnering and collaring ceremony on SL. It was perfect and was a wonderful way to cement our relationship. We are meeting again in December when I hope to fly to the States to spend a week, including New Year, with him. It’s hard to believe he’s been gone over a month now. I can still feel him here with me. We are stronger than ever and very much in love. Our future is settled, it’s with each other, that much we know. The mechanics of how that will pan out will take some work, but we are both determined to make it work. I feel that if both parties in a relationship are giving 100 % effort and commitment, then any obstacle can be overcome. The bottom line is, we are both happiest when we are together. We function okay apart, we have fun doing things apart, we are not totally and wholly dependent on each other to exist, but ultimately we have more fun sharing and doing things as a couple and we are complete when together.
I am blessed to have many good friends on SL. Our relationships evolve and change, but the friendship remains. My female friendships are steady and constant and we all support each other. Some of my male friends circumstances have changed a little. Dear Silk is no longer an owned boy, but is still under my protection and is continuing his own path to personal fulfilment and happiness. We have daily contact and I value his steadfast support and encouragement. He is a wise and loyal friend. Hylarks has taken a step back from D/s. I know he has suffered due to my happiness; that is hard for me to know sometimes, but I also know he is happy for me, which does help. I don’t feel guilty, but I do feel sad that he is still searching for happiness. I wish him nothing but contentment, love and joy in his life. We all need it and nobody deserves that more than Hylarks. He and I talk often, but I do feel his emotional distance. However, I think that is self-preservation on his part and I fully accept that he needs to have that distance.
Rich, (Lethal Monday on SL), and I play Word games on our iPhones and also chat some on SL. I’m really glad he has remained a friend. He’s a good guy. He has a new job, his health is, from what I can gather, quite good now.
At The Dominion, we are approaching our three-year anniversary. That’s quite something for a Second Life virtual world. I think our continued success is due to several factors, the greatest of which being the effort, commitment and energy that my dear friend, Eva, the sim owner and creator, continues to put in day after day, week after week. Of course she has her team of staff who support her and Eva is quick to tell us all how great we are, but none of it would continue without her at the helm of our ship. She is our Captain and I, for one, am eternally grateful for everything she has done and continues to do for our femdom community. If you’re reading this Eva – thank you – that’s all I can say, you know what you mean to me and what you have done for me over the past three years, not least forcing Sweeney to be auctioned, which resulted in where he and I are today! I love you, Eva.
Family news – my eldest son is struggling through life still. My heart breaks for him, but I have found a way to compartmentalise my worries and fears. It’s my coping mechanism and the only way I can get through it. My middle and youngest sons are doing great. Both have changed jobs, but are happy. My youngest is going to become a father in a few weeks. I’ve kept this quiet until now because his first daughter was still born at 33 weeks, so we have been a little anxious about this pregnancy, to say the least. However, his partner is now 37 weeks pregnant and a scan earlier this week showed that the baby is healthy and growing as she should (yes, another girl!). I fully expect to announce the arrival of granddaughter no. 4 later this month!
Well, I’ve caught up a little and should get on with my Saturday chores now. I won’t see much of my boy today as he has some family stuff going on, but we will be in contact, as always and tomorrow promises more time for us. I’m smiling at that thought.
As always, I’ll sign off with a song. This is one that really sums up how I feel…the lyrics are so true.
Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville, I Don't Know Much: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43fSjbEmA8
Look at this face
I know the years are showing
Look at this life
I still don't know where it's going
I don't know much
But I know I love you
And that may be all I need to know
Look at these eyes
They never see what matters
Look at these dreams
So beaten and so battered...
I don't know much
But I know I love you
That may be all I need to know
So many questions
Still left unanswered
So much I've never broken through
And when I feel you near me
Sometimes I see so clearly
The only truth I'll ever know
Is me and you...
Look at this man
So blessed with inspiration
Look at this soul
Still searching for salvation
I don't know much
But I know I love you
And that may be all I need to know
It is so wonderful to see that you have blogged again Lady Destiny.
ReplyDeleteYou will always have my full support, though yes, it may seem distant at times.
It is wonderful to see you happy and fulfilled; as a sub who has been in your service, it is how I always hope to see you.
Sweeney is a fantastic person and submissive, I have only fondest thoughts and wishes for you both.
Thank you for the kind words Destiny..and yes I do read your blog! You know I couldn't do it without all of you xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry I missed the collaring ceremony but reading your blog and how happy and content you are with Sweeney fills me with joy! You are an amazing woman and you deserve all this and more!
ReplyDeleteGabrielle