Well, I haven't been here for way too long. The days fly by. My focus is very much on real life and less on SL of late, although I've had some good times at The Dominion recently, particularly the Mr. Dominion pageant which I hosted and really enjoyed. Wheels, my dear friend, was the very worthy winner. David, an ex-sub of mine, came back to hand over the crown (he won last year). It was great to see him and I hope he stays around on SL, he's a special boy and a good friend.
Hylarks and I also spent some time together last weekend, not enough, but some and that did us good, but we haven't had any private quality time for way too long, I need play time with my boy, but our schedules are not coinciding very well and when he's available it's late and I'm tired. However, he remains incredibly loyal and I am so thankful to have him in my life.
Rich and I are in contact. He's back on the road after starting his new job. It's weird. We have gone from such close intimacy to friendly emails. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we are friends, but it is such a vast change from what we had, that it does feel odd and definitely takes some getting used to.
I find that limiting my time on SL is good for me at the moment. I need to find a balance and am taking time for me in RL. When I'm on SL, I feel a bit sad and down after only a few minutes, unless there is an event or something going on. This time last year I had a couple of RL traumas and took a long break from SL. I'm not doing that now. I was tempted to leave a couple of weeks ago, but I now think that I just need to gradually work my way back, or at least have reduced time so that I don't focus all my energies and efforts on a virtual relationship. I want to be happy in real life, not just virtually. Second Life is wonderful and offers great opportunities to forge real and lasting relationships, but I need more than SL, I am single in RL and I want a boy at my feet in RL. I thought I had that, was working towards that, I've taken a knock back and it's still reverberating around in my head and heart, but I am sure that my boy is out there somewhere. I'm not going to look for another RL boy on SL. I have Hylarks. I may play with others, train others, protect others, but I feel very hardened towards embarking on a virtual relationship that will not lead to anything more real.
Guess I'm a bit jaded and cynical today, eh? It'll pass.....
Here's a feisty woman I admire...Shakira 'Objection Tango' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNL5e7NWgxQ&feature=fvst
I am utterly convinced the right boy is out there for You, Lady Destiny. It might take some time, RL enery before You find him, but when it does, I wish nothing for You (and him) but the best.
ReplyDeleteYou are a wonderful, kind and warm and I'm sure strict as well ;) but bottom line is .. any boy in RL that gets to be Your boy, is lucky as hell :)
x Heather
Great Job at the Pagent Miss, espically with the problems You had with notes..
ReplyDeleteFrankly speaking (no my RT name is not frank, cause y'all know how punnish i am ). I think
Your main issue will be finding the pefect one.
Lawd knows there are lots out there ready to throw themselves at Your feet.
You are an incredible Person and Woman. I hope in Your hiatus You find what You need.
Please take care Miss
Silk
Miss Destiny, you're such a wonderful person and you just draw people in. I don't think it will take long at all to have a boy at your feet in rl. I hope he treats you as you should be treated and spoiled. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you once again for your kind words at Mr. Dominion, it thrilled me that you were there.
Hugs,
Wheels